Background: In August 2016 (1437) Sh. Khalil Abdur-Rashid, Sh. Omar Suleiman and some other Dallas TX area visionaries established the Islamic Seminary of America (ISA). In a very short period of time, ISA accomplished the following:
1. Taught over 400 adult and 200 youth students in Islamic centers and ISA classrooms.
2. Launched, with Southern Methodist University (SMU), a joint Master of Liberal Studies (MLS) with a self-designed concentration in Islamic Studies with 12 students.
3. Produced a weekly live-streamed educational series and several other student enrichment programs including a guided Umrah trip.
Why ISA? : Managed since April by the Islamic Seminary Foundation (ISF), ISA is different because:
1. ISA is focused on developing Muslim leadership and improving religious literacy for all Americans using online and in-person educational initiatives and an annual (6 years by ISF, established in its first year by the Muslim Endorsement Council of Connecticut) in-service training conference at Yale University for chaplains, imams and other human services providers.
2. ISA leadership represents much of the ethnic diversity of the Muslim American community.
3. ISA leadership has extensive background in higher education administration and teaching as well as deep real-life experiences as board members, imams, chaplains, administrators, staff and consultants to Islamic and non-Islamic religious and human services institutions.
4. By Fall 2018, ISA intends to develop certificate programs aimed at capacity-building for Islamic centers and NGOs such as free medical clinics and disaster relief agencies.
By Fall 2019, ISA intends to begin offering unique degree-granting programs that focus on both organizational leadership and traditional Islamic sciences.
Islamic Seminary of America
Plano TX 75024
Contact Us for information.